Lecoadic Scotto brings French finesse to Boucheron’s Moscow boutique
In 1897, four years after it had set up shop in a Hôtel Particulier on a corner of the Place Vendôme, Parisian jewellery maison Boucheron opened its first boutique abroad in Moscow. The store – which catered to the cravings of the Russian court – moved to St Petersburg in 1911, and its Moscow outpost was reopened in 2003. Now, Parisian architect duo Yann Lecoadic and Alessandro Scotto, who have been tasked with bringing a new vision to Boucheron’s global boutiques, have paid homage to the house’s Place Vendôme history, with an interior overhaul designed to ‘bring Paris back to Moscow’.
In a nod to the stone used in Boucheron’s Place Vendôme space, the sleek and light-filled Moscow boutique is swathed in mineral plaster. Green marble display cases and fixtures nod to the arches which define the façade of the flagship, while green carpets evoke the colour of Boucheron’s emerald-cut logo. The store’s intricate parquet flooring takes inspiration from classic French floor patterns, and its pastel pink wall accents ‘have been softened to reverberate the soft elegant light,’ of the space.
Yann Lecoadic and Alessandro Scotto established their architectural practice in 2001. Their retail projects – which include spaces for jeweller Aurélie Bidermann and luxury brand Nina Ricci – pay close attention to graphic line. Like a metal which frames a precious stone, black bars outline the angles of the Boucheron space; a tool for highlighting the pieces glimmering inside display cases.
More from Wallpaper
The modernist architect Pierre Chareau, whose designs placed focus on grids and clean lines inspired the boutique’s tables and display cases. ‘His creations combine French elegance and technical sophistication, which blend perfectly with the world of fine jewellery,’ say Lecoadic and Scotto,§
The store design takes cues from Boucheron's Place Vendôme flagship, with green marble accents and walls in mineral plaster