What’s inside the new Rugby World?
The lowdown on the contents of Rugby World’s December 2017 issue
The autumn Internationals are upon us and Rugby World’s December 2017 issue is the perfect accompaniment to all of the Test action in November. We have exclusive interviews with big-name stars as well as hard-hitting opinion pieces on the game’s big issues. Here are ten reasons to pick up a copy of the new issue – and find out how to download the digital edition here…
1. All Blacks
New Zealand, the world’s No 1 team, have a busy European tour in November and Rugby World has spoken to their latest wonder wing Rieko Ioane. The 20-year-old has scored nine tries in ten Tests and caused defences myriad problems since making his debut a year ago. No wonder he says he’s “like a kid in a candy store”. As well as that exclusive interview, Sean Holley examines how the All Blacks break a defence in The Analyst.
FOR THE LATEST SUBSCRIPTION OFFERS, CLICK HERE
2. Injury crisis
The spate of injuries in the Aviva Premiership this season has sparked growing concerns, but our resident columnist Ben Ryan believes changing two things would reduce injuries across all levels of the game. Find out what they are in the new issue.
3. Courtney Lawes
The forward has been tearing up trees for Northampton this season but insists there is still room for improvement. As he prepares for England’s autumn Tests, he talks form, defence and leadership.
The Pumas were World Cup semi-finalists in 2015 but have now slipped to tenth in the rankings. So why haven’t Argentina kicked on? Stephen Jones looks at what’s gone wrong and what must change if they are to be contenders at RWC 2019.
5. Wales’ selection policy
Former Wales full-back Lee Byrne gives his verdict on the new selection policy the WRU have introduced, whereby players based outside of Wales can only be picked to represent their country if they have 60 or more caps.
6. Johnny Sexton
The Ireland fly-half reflects on the ups and downs of his career in ‘My Life in Pictures’, from celebrating the 2013 Lions series win with James Bond to Ireland’s World Cup quarter-final exit in 2015, from his St Mary’s schooldays to going blond last year. For bonus content, he talks about a further four photos here.
7. Loughborough Lightning
The latest stop in our ‘Welcome to my Club’ series sees RW’s Alan Dymock go back to university to find out how Loughborough Lightning are enjoying the new Tyrrells Premier 15s competition.
8. Need for Speed
We talk to the likes of Darren Campbell, Tonderai Chavhanga and Conrad Smith to find out why pace can make all the difference at Test level.
9. Scott Williams
The Scarlets and Wales centre takes RW’s Owain Jones for a spin in his rally car and explains how he is already planning for life after rugby with his motorsport and fabrication business.
10. Blind rugby
Find out more about the sport of blind rugby, which launched this year. From how it’s played to what it’s like to take part, we have the lowdown.
And there’s all this inside Rugby World too…
- Exclusive Six Nations travel offers – find out all about our reader trips to Italy v England and England v Wales
- Get to know Newcastle’s ‘club hero’ Mark Wilson
- Edinburgh and Scotland lock Ben Toolis talks lineouts, learnings and life as a twin
- Meet rising stars Jordan Larmour, of Leinster, and Edinburgh’s Luke Crosbie
- England Sevens’ Ruaridh McConnochie is gearing up for a busy season
- Inside the Mind of… Exeter Chiefs wing Olly Woodburn
- Grass-roots news in our club section
- Callum Gibbins explains how he’s found his feet quickly at Glasgow Warriors
- James Haskell on DJing, diggers and dinner party guests
- Gloucester and Wales flanker Ross Moriarty gives his tips on making a dominant tackle
- Amy Turner is hoping to help Harlequins Women win more club titles
- Learn how to add a spring to your step with our ‘Bootcamp’ advice.