10 of the best rest day tweets from the Giro d’Italia
The best entertainment we could find with no racing on TV
As well as giving some a chance to recce Tuesday’s time trial course, the rest day also gave them a chance to catch up with social media and to a bit of tweeting.
1. Vincenzo Nibali was one of a number of riders to spend the day checking out Tuesday’s time trial
2. A slightly nervous laugh from Tom Dumoulin ahead of his chance to move in to pink?
3. Gratuitous drone use from Astana.
4. Peter Stetina saving a bit of weight…
5. …which meant he was out of the running for ‘Best Facial Hair’ on the Trek-Segafredo team, with Eugenio Alafaci taking the title instead
6. Alex Howes obviously enjoying the comforts of his hotel room
7. Filippo Pozzato scaring off anyone that dares to come near the Wilier Triestina team bus.
8. Where’s Richie Porte when you need him?
9. Your guess is as good as ours
10. The riders were not the only ones taking it easy at the Cannondale-Drapac hotel